Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Seattle trip!!!

Well I actually went on this trip a few weeks ago. I've been too busy living life to blog about it. Job Searching and GRE studying have been eating up a good deal of time. Plus the weather stayed nice much longer than I expected so I was out in it instead of inside on a computer. Anyways here is a couple of pictures from my trip. My friend who we will refer to as BarCroft was a most spectacular guide and host. Getting an insiders view on a city as big and spread out as Seattle was great. Plus I got to meet all kinds of nice people in the process.

It all began with a rideshare to Seattle via craigslist. You never know what you'll get and we were in for a treat.
Our ride happened to be in a older dodge caravan with no back seats and 3 friendly free spirited individuals(read hippies). In place of the seats was a bed for the guy we were getting a ride from and a bean bag chair. This wouldn't have been so bad if there wasn't also a dog and another tall human trying to cram in the back with BarCroft and I.
But we made due by becoming human tetris pieces and passing time playing card games. I got to snuggle with a dog for most of the trip. Thankfully it wasn't a cat.
Seattle was very beautiful. Water is everywhere.
As well as awesome trees.
Some of them happen to have my favorite word in their scientific name.
It had me at pseudo...It had me at psuedo.
I stayed at BarCroft's parent's house. A very beautiful place inhabited by beautiful people.
We ate Red Mill burgers.
Enjoyed their amazing boysenberry shakes.
 Went to touristy places like Gas Works Park.
Pike Place Market
OMA's awesome library.
I had my first Dim Sum.
Took touristy pictures in the rain
Wore an awesome hair net and beard net(chocolate factory tour) and overall had a spectacular time.
Thanks again to BarCroft for the spectacular time.
I see why people love Seattle now.
Tis Beaut!!!




1 comment: