Monday, August 16, 2010

First trip to the Oregon Coast.

Before Willis left for Colorado we decided to venture out to the Pacific.

We left Portland on a clear and sunny day and drive through some beautiful countryside.

Once we hit the Pacific Coast Range the air became misty and the sun disappeared.


After a trip to a grocery store in the small tourist town of Cannon Beach to buy some beer and a futile trip to find somewhere that sold mussels we headed out to the beach.
Bet you can't guess whose feet are mine.

Anyways the beach was beautiful and Willis and I smoked our last cigars with each other for quite sometime and enjoyed a few Oregon beers. At the beach I couldn't keep myself from yelling "hey you guys!!!!!" after seeing the rock formations in the water. I think that scene from The Goonies was shot in Astoria, OR though. Guess I'll have to rewatch it to confirm it wasn't Cannon Beach. Oh Darn!!



After enjoying the lack of sunset we headed back towards Portland. On the way home a friendly drunken local must've noticed our Colorado license plate and felt he should give us a proper welcome. So for about 20 miles of our ride home they tailed us, fell back, tailed us, flashed their lights, turned off their lights and never passed us in the winding mountain roads even though there was numerous chances. Eventually this awesome person decided to speed up and attempt to either pass us on a double yellow line approaching an intersection or run us off the road. Not wanting to figure out which option they had in mind I sped up and then slammed on the brakes right near the intersection and took a squealing turn onto the intersecting street. Drunken a-hole ended up coming to a squealing stop somewhere on the road and zoomed off in the opposite direction as us. Luckily neither of us were hurt and luckily said a-hole didn't escalate the situation after we made the move to shake him off. After that Willis and I headed back towards my new home. Of which I will post about soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure that is the goonies rock. Definitely going to have to watch that one again to see for sure, or I could use this thing called the "internet"... nah.

    So I read these while I'm up consoling an inconsolable baby, they crack me up! Good work on the blog! Makes my midnights much more bearable.

    ReplyDelete