Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hooray for our broken health care system.

Moving states seems to mean you need new health insurance. So I apply for Oregon's blue cross blue shield after having blue cross back in Colorado for the last 4 years. Never missed a payment on my $300/month plan and I'm denied coverage here. I'm glad the giant corporate machine is allowed to break itself into different entities to increase profits, regulate and deny coverage. Hopefully all of the health care changes will actually do something over the next few years. Whether you like it or not the government does have an interest in keeping it's citizens healthy, productive, and able to contribute to the economy. Worrying about life crushing debt every time I step on a soccer field to take part in an activity that keeps me healthy and happy is ridiculous. Being denied coverage because I'm active and not sitting on the couch all day developing diabetes and smoking cigarettes is ridiculous. Maybe I should move back to Colorado take up meth, start watching 8 hours of TV, eating only McDonalds and get as many diseases as possible. I'd actually get to use my insurance if that were the case. Ugggggggggggg. Sorry for the rant but our system really is broken. Maybe the changes that were voted in will help soon. Moving to a new state to better my career and earning potential should not be met with this kind of stupidity. Free market capitalism paired with crappy governmental oversight and regulation has failed on this one.
Rant completed

2 comments:

  1. That is absurd. I'm putting a "pro Nathan" bumper sticker on my car and writing your name in for the 2012 election. You're the one person in America who deserves health care.

    Course it could have something to do with your propensity to injure yourself on your skateboard. They may have heard from Dr. Johnson in the Wiener building (urology dept.) of that boston hospital....

    But in all seriousness I'm wishing you luck on your quest for health care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Wang urology!!! I had almost forgot. I was uninsured for that painful experience. Skateboarding has been expensive in many different ways. :)

    ReplyDelete