Sunday, September 5, 2010

Skate Journal Aug. 30th and Sept 3rd

Aug. 30th
Skate flatground at the perfect basketball courts near my house. Basically realized I hate 360 flips and that the reason I rarely do them except in games of skate is that I have horrible 360 flips. Cruised around the courts just doing my normal flippers. My board and shoes are both feeling old and worn down. Tried a line of 360 flip, nollie frontside flip, fakie flip, and switch front heel. I kept screwing up on the fakie flip or switch front heel. Probably tired and uninspired legs can be blamed for it. I'm excited that the school that is 2 blocks from my house has such good ground as well as a large covered area which will be over utilized in the rain I'm sure.
Sept 3rd
Went to one of my favorite parks for kicking a ball around and skated the back to back metal edged benches at the basketball court.

I arrived at the park and spent the next 15 minutes tightening all of the bolts on the seats of both benches. A few people in the park looked at me pretty oddly for fixing a bunch of benches at a public park but they probably understood why a few minutes later when I started to skate them. The benches are taller than they look and kinda awkward to skate. So it goes with street skating though :). Been skating perfect park ledges for too long. Took me quite awhile to get used to the benches but ended up getting some pretty good feeling 5-0s and nosegrinds both ways. Tailslides are kinda out of the question because of how narrow the runway is but nollie tails worked out ok. Ended up getting a couple frontside and to my surprise a couple backside. Such a beautiful day to skate. It's so green and beautiful in every park here. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment